Don’t pay too much!
I know a couple of librarians who paid to go to private institutions or otherwise very expensive schools to get their MLIS. I would advise you not to do this. The MLIS that you receive is pretty much the same no matter where you go and the big difference is the debt you have when you’re done. You probably won’t get paid more if you go to a prestigious school and the starting salaries for librarians are pretty sad. However, you might come out feeling well trained or that you got a good education, but most librarians I talk to and many of the ones that paid for those expensive schools said that they learned more in their first week on the job then their entire academic career. I would suggest (as sad as it is) to select your library program on price.
- soolai reblogged this from thepinakes
- soolai likes this
- thecostumedlibrarian likes this
- learnforlife likes this
- andimichii reblogged this from nocureforcuriosity
- nocureforcuriosity reblogged this from thepinakes
- morerobots reblogged this from thepinakes
- librarianpirate likes this
- sleepandbooks reblogged this from absolutelyablative
- saidme likes this
- missmosnarylime likes this
- thepinakes posted this