The lovely library at my elder daughter’s new elementary school.
Many California public schools have little in the way of school libraries due to short-sighted budget cuts, but San Francisco has a restricted bond measure that ensures professional librarianship in its public schools.
I’m very pleased by that in general, but especially now that my daughter will be a beneficiary.
It’s a great library. The librarian is fantastic. My daughter is in kindergarten now, and independent reading is still her future, not her present, but I look forward to seeing that evolution in the context of the books she’ll check out and bring home over the next six years (it’s a K-5 school).
- libraryadvocates likes this
- missrumphiusproject likes this
- bumlog likes this
- harperbooks likes this
- missmosnarylime likes this
- missmosnarylime said: absolutely splendid!
- paperandparticles likes this
- thedanaash likes this
- misslibrelula likes this
- runjuliet likes this
- thelifeguardlibrarian likes this
- extabulis likes this
- alfa-limalimon likes this
- thepinakes posted this