Today’s GPOML is the outside of the interim library. The whole building used to be a lightbulb factory. The library wing was mothballed space until 2008, when they remodeled it to be the interim library.
I love the idea of a lightbulb factory turning into a library. I mean, come on —lightbulbs. As in ideas.
In fact, “lightbulb factory” might be a better term for the 21st century library than “information commons.”
- jpsfineartphoto likes this
- kicksandgiggles likes this
- cobaltlove reblogged this from thepinakes
- morerobots likes this
- darienlibrary reblogged this from thepinakes and added:
- youtastelikenachos likes this
- thepinakes likes this
- thepinakes reblogged this from cathylibrary and added:
- cathylibrary posted this